Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse (Keto)

I've wanted to play with something that would be super easy and satisfy my sweet tooth that I could have sitting around over the holidays to help keep me from getting into sugar (because if I can, I will...). I threw this together last night and it not only passed, it passed my husband's scrutiny too. He went and got ice cream out so he wouldn't eat it all. That means it's a keeper. I actually tried to keep track of what I was dumping in so I can replicate it (hahaha, it's close, I'll admit to not measuring.anything.ever.) Next I'm going to adapt it to knock off a pumpkin torte recipe that I love, but obviously can't (shouldn't) eat. I don't have macros for this. If I get a wild hair I'll do some math later on.
I'm ecstatic that after being keto for about a year and a half now, I can actually tolerate some dairy - because CHEESE. I try not to overdue it, but a serving a day or a few servings every few days are totally ok with my body now which is a super happy day.
PS This was better the next morning - cheesecake is best 24 hours later to allow the flavors time to meld. This definitely followed that, so make it ahead!

Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse (serves 4ish)

1- 8 oz block soften cream cheese
2-3 T sweetener (I used Pyure - an erythritol stevia blend)
1/4 c pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon (yes, you can use any cinnamon, but ceylon is known for helping stabilize blood sugar so you might as well get the added benefit!)
1/8 tsp each nutmeg, ginger and cloves
1/2 c heavy whipping cream
1 T gelatin (I use Great Lakes, this is optional, but again, I like to sneak a few extra benefits in if possible)

Whip together until desired mousse consistency is reached

Topping (because you need that graham cracker sweet crunch)

1/4 c walnuts or nuts of choice
1 T Sukrin Gold brown sugar replacement

Coarsely chop together and sprinkle over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog